Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Can I get your blog address?

This semester has both been both frustrating and exciting for me in Journ 420. Growing up, writing always came naturally to me, it was just fun, but grammar nor spelling were my strong areas. I have achieved a lot out of this class whether it was learning about the correct spelling of words or subject-verb agreement. I may not be perfect at grammatical functions or sentence structure, but I feel like I have come a long way.

One thing I probably will not miss too much about this class is blogging. I'm not the type of person to continually think of exciting or worthwhile ideas that should be put on the net for the world to read. It's not that I think my ideas are boring, but translating your ideas into a blog that appeals to a wide variety of people is extremely hard. This is one of the qualities any good blog should have in order to stay alive. I just lose interest in talking about either myself, or my own opinions. I guess you could say I am more worried about what is happening out in the world then how I personally feel about these events.

But, with blogging becoming so popular as of lately, I am glad that I got to experience a little of what the craze is all about. Maybe one day, when I feel like I have a better grasp on editing techniques and my own personal style, I will take up blogging again. And who knows, instead of asking for phone numbers, people may start asking for blog addresses.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I agree. Case and all that jazz I am not too good with. I do think it is good experience because with the Internet still growing and the online medium, chances are that blogging will become a job requirement.